- Does your email signature mention your Thing? I don’t know about you, but I sent a LOT of emails and they all mention my Thing in them and have links to my websites and social media too.
- Share your Thing on social media (I mean your private social media, not your business page). When was the last time you shared an article, blog post, testimonial or link to your website about your Thing on your personal social media account(s)? DO NOT do this as an advert, but share something that you’d share in a conversation.
- Leave the office... go to a networking event, attend a seminar or conference (even if you’re in the audience, at least introduce yourself to the people either side of you!), host a meet-up, go to a meet-up, visit something or somewhere where you’ll need to have conversations and answer the question "What do you do?"
- Post something – send out some postcards, letters, flyers, samples, brochures, books… whatever you have that you could post, post it! And before you say "I’ve not got anyone to post this to", ask on social media, ask your friends, ask a business colleague if any of their clients would like to be sent whatever it is you have to send.
- Write about it – then post it on your blog (or ask to guest blog on someone else's if you don’t have your own or they reach more people), post an article on an online news site, share it yourself on social media, publish it on LinkedIn. Write up an example of your Thing working, or your opinion about what’s working or not working right now for someone/an industry and what you’d do about it instead. Write your words down and get them in front of an audience…
Want to talk more about this?
Leave a Reply