If you’re not sure about your Thing, ask yourself these questions:
- What do you find really easy?
- What do people already come to you for?
- What really annoys you (because you know of a ‘better’ way)?
- What would you do all day even if you weren’t paid for it?
–these are all great Thing-finding questions.
And following on from Thing finding questions, you need to explore how your Thing works and for whom. So then you need questions like these:
- Who do you most want to help?
- Who do you like ‘hanging out’ with?
- Where do you want to do your Thing?
- What are the steps or pieces of your Thing that add up to the whole result of it (and do they need to happen in a particular order or not)?
- How often/how much do you want to do your Thing?
- What income do you want your Thing to generate?
These questions help you work out your process or philosophy (how your Thing works) and then help you see who your ideal clients are, and how you want to work with them. After you’ve answered questions like these, you’ll then want to ask yourself a few more questions to help you work out your best marketing:
- Do I like to write/create/develop ideas on my own?
- Can I explain what I do best when I’m talking with one other person?
- Does having a big audience make all the difference to my energy and animation about my Thing?
- Is it all of the above?
- How can I turn what I already like to communicate (so it’s natural and doesn’t feel forced) into Marketing? Do I write, speak, draw, present, etc...?
Finding out how you already best communicate will help you find your ‘media Thing’ which will make ALL the difference to your Marketing–first off, it won’t actually feel like Marketing which can be the best thing of all!
And always continue with the questions:
- Did that offer work well?
- How can I make my Thing clearer?
- What else do I need to do to generate better results?
You get the idea... the ‘secret’ to a great business is often just a series of questions and answers, the key being to ask great questions to get great answers.
Want to talk more about this?
Love his because I made a list of questions as I was watching the 3 FABULOUS videos but these are much clearer.