Being an artist and being creative isn't always about painting, sculpting, or in the case of someone I know very well covering everything in glitter (she's only little though). I absolutely love being creative in my business. So I thought I'd share some artistic inspiration with you today.
Here's 11 ways for you to get creative in your business (that you can do right now):
- Build packages of what you do in new ways - new combinations of products & services to make you stand out
- Add in bonuses and extras that are a surprise but loved by your market
- Remodel what already works so that it appeals to different people who haven't bought from you yet
- Create a new size (more, less, wider, narrower, rounder, big in the middle - see what you come up with!)
- Ask your clients and market what they want - they may well be looking for something you can easily create but haven't yet - use their words and follow their expression
- Don't copy, but do take inspiration from businesses around you (from any market) and then do it your way
- Have fun (a requirement if you ask me!) and show that
- Be bold, remember some artists weren't popular in their own time - they had to lead and break boundaries
- Turn things upside down, on its head and back to front. Sometimes just delivering in a different order can get great results
- Do or deliver the unexpected
- Add more 'you'... and be inventive in what that means.
I'll bet there is something you've been 'musing' about that you want to do or sell in your business and you're waiting... so why not try it out today?
Go write down what you could do with the products and services you have right now that you could be more creative with. See what different marketing you could do, to be unexpected. Introduce new original ideas into your sales conversations. Have some fun with your product names and packages. And see what happens...
And if you want to paint or sculpt (or cover everything in glitter) go ahead and do that too!
Want to talk more about this?