Make your marketing and sales shine
Clean up your customer journey and grow your business
If you feel your sales are stuck and need a review or rethink. If you feel a change in marketing direction is needed to grow your business. Or you know it’s time to launch something new.
Then it’s time for MOPS.
It's marketing meets sales meets what’s next. A commercially-focused review and plan for your business.
Your core product and service(s)
The value you provide, the results you create what’s really working.
Where you are in the market
Your category, place, and relevance. Be very clear what you ‘own’.
Matching how you sell to your market
Make it easy and clean for people to buy from you.
How the MOPS Process Works
- Audit: Analysis of where you are right now with your Message, Offer, Positioning and Sales Process
- Report: A tailored write-up of your audit, along with ideas and options to implement MOPS in your business
- Review: Talk through your write-up to decide with actions to take in your MOPS plan
- Plan: Putting your agreed MOPS actions in place and add to a timeline
- Do: Get MOPS done. Scheduled check-ins and accountability so you stick to your plan
Lucy cuts through a lot of the noise to find a really good plan - and then she delivers the plan.
Lucy helped us position our core message really simply and clearly.
I enjoy working with Lucy. I like her ability to get to the core of the issue.
She’s able to absorb lots of information and dismiss what isn’t essential to focus on what is. There’s no ‘waffle’. She has a clear vision and she plays well with the rest of the team.
She understands the strategic and can implement the tactical.
MOPS in more detail:
Audit, Report, Review and Plan
A half-day* (3 hours) with Lucy to walk through where you are now, what your challenges are, and where you want to be. We’ll give your business a once over and work out what to keep and polish, and what’s no longer needed.
We’ll go through MOPS and score each category. Flag problems. Set outcomes and be clear on what you have now, and what’s missing.
Your audit will be reviewed, thought about and written up as a report with ideas, suggestions and options to discuss.
A half-day* (3 hours) with Lucy to talk through the Report. At the end of the Review session, there will be a clear set of actions for your MOPS plan. The right ideas will be ready to action.
* This can be in-person (location permitting) or on Zoom (with option for 2 × 90-minute sessions).
This is your To-Do list of MOPS actions. Working with my secret project managing weapon Maria, The Details Director*, we will create for you:
- Timeline: a timeline of actions which will be updated throughout your MOPS journey.
- Action Plan: a Trello board created with your own MOPS plan and set of MOPS actions. This will be the 'hub' of your MOPS experience, and forms the basis of accountability and check-ins.
* Maria is also available to work with you in more detail for project management, systems and process mapping if preferred – this is an extra charge.
How we’ll help you get MOPS done
- Accountability: weekly prompts to check in online (email) and share your progress
- Actions: will be reviewed and you’ll be reminded weekly (email) to keep you on track
- Help: if you need a how-to, a checklist, a video or written explainer, we’ll create or share that with you
- Check-Ins: drop-in group Q&A Zoom sessions hosted by Lucy – 2 per month. One-to-one calls for personal attention and actions review – 1 per month.
- Slack channels: for updates, questions, ideas and feedback – general channels, one for each MOPS category, plus your own 'DM' channel. Office hours apply.
I would recommend Lucy to anyone.
What I think I valued most is the genuine interest in and enthusiasm Lucy showed for our project. The personal, professional relationship she builds but not only enables her to do her job really well but also makes working together a very positive experience. I would recommend Lucy to anyone.
Almost immediately the website went live we were getting far more traffic than we'd had previously, ...and much better conversion.
Find Out More
Ask a question, get the full MOPS brochure for more details and pricing, or request a call
Lucy is hugely charming and hugely credible.
What Lucy has done is give us a clearer way of talking about who we are as a business and what we do, which has manifested itself in sales conversations and strategic partnerships.
Someone who goes beyond the pure marketing channel to the entire sales process. Lucy is a total commercial player and sees across the commercial field.
About Lucy Whittington
Combining marketing, sales and strategy, I give business owners clarity on the Thing they do best: sharing easier, simpler or smarter ways to grow their business.
I’ve worked with start-ups through to PLCs. I haven’t run out of marketing ideas yet, and love making things work better. MBA qualified, and 25+ years experience of business have got me to here.
MOPS is my take on the most important elements of sales & marketing that make the biggest difference.
I live at the seaside and love walking on the beach thinking about Things.
Lucy's got this rare ability of knowing what needs to be done and how to do it - it seems almost instinctive.
She's also able to back what she says with great clarity and she's not shy about calling you out if she thinks you’re missing something. I really like that about her.
She's got that wider business acumen – that commerciality - you need.
She will open your eyes to things you've not considered - things you haven't thought about that will prove to be essential to your success.