Is there something in your business that you do over and over and over and over again?
- explaining how something works to your clients?
- telling your story?
- explaining the results that are possible from working with you?
- a 'piece' of your Thing?
Maybe it's more general than that and it's how your business or your industry works? Maybe you're having the same sales conversation over and over?
Think about it now... what have you done this week or month where you've been repeating yourself?
I am sure there is something!
The trick with the repeats is to find a way where you can share over and over without actually doing it every time.
Here are some ideas of how to Repeat yourself once...
- Make sure you have your story on your website—written down and on video. That way there is a place where you can tell it over and over without repeating yourself in person.
- Have a blog where you share your ideas and thoughts and your philosophies on your market so you don't always have to repeat your 'thoughts' every conversation you have.
- Even better (although takes a bit longer!) write a book that tells your story and your 'way of working'
- Teach a class—this might be online as webinar or recorded as a video, it might be live as a workshop or seminar—but if you know it's information, processes, content, systems or know-how that you repeat over and over with clients, give it to them all at once!
- Make an information product! Record your best 'ideas', your processes, your know-how into a product you can give to clients so they can learn or 'work' with you without you repeating the same content every time. You can either give this product away (it might be your 'freebie') or you can sell it (after all, what you know is valuable—you wouldn't be repeating if it wasn't useful every time!).
So once you know what is on repeat write it down, make a video, record a audio, run a class—do something that allows you to say it once and replay it over and over with all those great things you are repeating right now.
I do have to add that obviously if you are having a conversation with someone you don't NOT tell them your story or your ideas and hand them your iPad to watch a video, etc. (that's rather impolite!). But this is a great way to make the conversations you do have with prospective clients and other people more informed more often as you've offered the chance to 'hear' you before you meet.
Fill up your website and social media with you on repeat and it will mean you can focus on the real 'results' and connection in conversations with clients and people who are important to your business.
Want to talk more about this?